Year and place of birth
1 May 1989, Volgograd
The Faculty of History and Law (VSSPU, 2012)
Ph.D. in Philosophy (2016)
Senior research fellow of the Department of the History of Russian Philosophy at the IPh RAS, 2020 - present;
Research fellow of the Department of the History of Russian Philosophy at the IPh RAS, 2016 – 2020;
Senior research fellow of National Research University Higher School of Economics, 2020 - present;
Associate Professor, Department of the History of Philosophy, GAUGN, 2016 - present time;
Translator with German language of the Literary Monuments series of the Ladomir Scientific and Publishing Center, 2015 - present time.
|Field of Studies
German-speaking reception of Russian Philosophy
The archival heritage of S.L. Frank
Philosophy of history
- "Symphonic philosophising" (biographical features of S.L. Frank and L. Binswanger's correspondence) (co-authored with A.A. Gaponenkov) // Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta. Seriia I: Bogoslovie. Filosofiia. Religiovedenie.2019. Vol. 85. P. 88–107;
- Kuindzhi. Physical and metaphysical forest // Theory and Practice;
- S.L. Frank in Holland: a contour of the philosopher’s intellectual and life path in the 1930s (co-authored with T. Obolevich) // The Philosophy Journal. 2019, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 143–160;
- Semyon L. Frank: Life and Doctrine (Co-authored with G.E. Alyaev) // RUDN Journal of Philosophy. 2019 Vol. 23 No. 2. pp. 172—191;
- The Study of Russian Thought in Norway:Major Milestones and Representatives (Foreword to Translation) (Co-authored with K.Y. M'yor) // History of Philosophy. 2019, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 112–121;
- Russian Revolution and Soviet Power: Position of S.L. Frank (based on archival materials) // Revolution, evolution and dialogue of cultures. Papers on the 100th anniversary of the Russian revolution at World Philosophy Day at the Institute of Philosophy RAS on November 14 and 16, 2017 М., 2018. pp. 180–193;
- The Witnesses of “The Great Break”: S.L. Frank and A. Einstein’s Correspondence. (co-authored with T. Obolevich) // Voprosy Filosofii. 2018. №11. pp. 111-116;
- “Germany has already become my second homeland for me”: the life and creativity of S.L. Frank in correspondence with F. Heileret circum (Co-authored with T. Obolevich) // History of Philosophy Yearbook 2018. pp. 293-313;
- Religious and Philosophical Revival in Russia in the Beginning of the 20th Century (co-authored with A.Yu. Berdnikova and A.V. Chernyaev) // The Journal of Education and Science “ISTORIYA” (“History”). 2018. Vol. е18;
- Metaphysics of Unity (co-authored with A.Yu. Berdnikova) // The Journal of Education and Science “ISTORIYA” (“History”). 2018. Vol. е18;
- Frank S.L. Personality and the world (the main problem of the worldview) / Publ. by А.А. Gaponenkov, А.S. Tsygankov, T. Obolevich // Philosophy Journal. 2018. № 4. pp. 160-170;
- «Personality and the World: Semyon Frank’s final lecture course» (co-authored with A.A. Gaponenkov and A.S. Tsygankov) // Philosophy Journal. 2018. № 4. pp. 153-159;
- Semyon L. Frank's life and writings in the correspondnce between Ludwig Binswanger and Tatyana S. Frank (co-authored with T. Obolevich) // Philosophy. Journal of the Higher School of Economics. 2018. Vol. II, № 2. pp. 134–155;
- The Study of Russian Religious Philosophy in Freiborg (Afterword of the Translator) // RUDN Journal of Philosophy. 2018. Vol. 22. No. 1. pp. 93—99;
- Wolgograd in Erwartung eines „Fußballwunders“ // Religion und Gesellschaft. 2018. № 4-5. S. 32–34;
- Semyon Frank on Pugachev as a symbol of Russian revolutionAppendix: S.L. Frank. Marx and Pugachev (Marx und Pugatschow) (Co-authored with T. Obolevich) // The Philosophy Journal. 2017, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 59–71;
- Frank S. Iwan Bunin – ein moderner Klassiker der russischen Literatur / Publ. by: А.А. Gaponenkov, А.S. Tsygankov // History of Philosophy Yearbook 2017. pp. 193–208;
- An artist with a religious feeling of life(Simon Frank about Ivan Bunin) (Co-authored with А.А. Gaponenkov) // History of Philosophy Yearbook 2017. pp. 178‒192;
- Philosophical understanding of the creative heritage of S.L. Frank in Germany: main representatives and directions // Paradigm: philosophical and cultural almanac. 2017. pp. 38-50;
- Frank on Russian Marxism (Co-authored with T. Obolevich) // Voprosy Filosofii. 2017. №6. pp. 92–96;
- Lokale Erinnerung an die Revolution: Zarizyn-Stalingrad-Wolgograd // Religion und Gesellschaft. 2017 № 4-5. S. 16–18;
- Siemion Frank o źródłach rosyjskiej rewolucji / Przełożyła Kornelia Dorynek // Przegląd Filozoficzny – Nowa Seria. 2017. №3. S. 35–47;
- "A Conflct between science and religion is a conflict of two convinctions...". The position of S.L. Frank. Annex: S.L. Frank. (Co-authored with T. Obolevich) // Solovyov Studies. Issue 1(53) 2017. pp. 86-102;
- Frank S.L. Proof of the existence of God (Co-authored with T. Obolevich) // The Philosophy Journal. 2017, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 89-98;
- The philosophy of religion of S.L. Frank in the light of new materials (Co-authored with T. Obolevich) // The Philosophy Journal. 2017, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 99–115;
The Social Philosophy of Sergei Bulgakov in the Contemporary German-speaking Investigations (on the Example of K. Breckner's Works) / History of Philosophy. 2016, Vol. 41, no 1, pp. 108-115. (Co-author - T. Obolevich).
S. Bulgakov's Social Thought in K. Breckner's Investigations / Pages: theology, culture, education. 2016. Vol. 20, no 1, pp. 39-46.
Contemporary German Thinkers on S.L. Frank: the Rules of Philosophical Reception / Solovyov Studies. 2015, no 4, pp. 136-148. (Co-author - T. Obolevich).
"Ida": the Traumatic Memory in the Contemporary Cinema / The Human Being [Chelovek]. 2015, no 6, pp. 161-166.
- Kåre Johan Mjør. The Slavophile Idea of Russia (transl. from Nor.) // History of Philosophy. 2019. №1. pp. 122–341;
- S.L. Frank and A. Einstein’s Correspondence. // Voprosy Filosofii. 2018. № 11. pp. 117–141;
- Correspondence of S.L. Frank, V.S. Frank, F. Heiler, G. Bell and the Austrian publishing house “Anton Pustet” / transl. from German // History of Philosophy Yearbook 2018. С. 314-336;
- Binswanger, L. Letters to Tatyana Frank (1951-1953) / transl. from German // Philosophy. Journal of the Higher School of Economics. 2018. Vol. II, № 2. pp. 156–173;
- Regula M. Zwahlen. Leo Tolstoy and Russian Religious Philosophy (part II) / transl. from German // RUDN Journal of Philosophy. 2018. №1. С. 85–92;
- Stammer D. Church as the basis and the essence of society: on the concept of «church» in Semyon L. Frank‟s social philosophy / transl. from German // Solovyov Studies. 2018. №1. pp. 103–121;
- Frank S.L. Ivan Bunin - a modern classic of Russian literature / transl. from German; ed. by N.V. Motroshilova // History of Philosophy Yearbook 2017. С. 209–227;
- Peter Ehlen. Expression, Word and Revelation in the Philosophy of Semen L. Frank / transl. from German // History of Philosophy. 2017, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 68–77;
- Frank S.L. Living Europe: The Source and Essence of Russian Marxism / transl. from German // Voprosy Filosofii. 2017. №6. С.96–105;
- Regula M. Zwahlen. Leo Tolstoy and Russian religious philosophy. Part 1 / transl. from German // RUDN Journal of Philosophy. 2017 №1. pp. 55-63;
- Frank S.L. Chaadaev (fragment from the lecture course “Russische Denker”) / transl. from German // Logos i Еthos. 2016. Vol. 43. pp. 35-48;
- Regula M. Zwahlen. The Trinitarian Concept of Person of N. Berdyaev and S. Bukgakov / transl. from German into Russian by A. Tsygankov / History of Philosophy. 2016. Vol. 41, no 1, pp. 151-159.
- Alexander Haardt. The Presence of the Absent-one: Towards the Problem of the Other in the Social Phenomenology of Jean-Paul Sartre and Semen Frank / transl. from German into Russian by A. Tsygankov / The Philosophy Journal. 2015, vol. 8, no 4, pp. 109-123.
- The war of the USSR and Germany in the perception of Russian philosophical emigration // Scientific conference "The Great Victory and Russian Philosophy: the relevance of heritage (to the 75th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War)". Moscow, May 7, 2020;
- Russian philosopher on newsreels: Lecture course of S.L. Frank 1932 in Amersfoort // 23th session of seminar «Problems of the Study of Russian Thought». IPhRAS, February 18, 2019;
- S.L. Frank in the Nietzsche archive // Round-table discussion "S. L. Frank: philosophical intuitions of the 1900s - 1910s." PSTGU, Moscow, January 28, 2020;
- Report in Weimar 1932: S.L. Frank in the archive of Fr. Nietzsche (co-authored with T. Obolevich) // Round-table discussion "Correspondence of S.L. Frank and L. Binswanger in the context of Russian-German intellectual ties". IPhRAS, December 17, 2019;
- "The modern reception of the philosophical heritage of V.S. Soloviev in Russia and abroad: a comparative view" (co-authored with A.V. Chernyaev) // Krakow meetings 2019. Poland, Krakow, Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec. June 2-5, 2019 .;
- S.L. Frank and the Russian Scientific Institute in Berlin: A Philosopher and a Historical Context (plenary report) // International Scientific Conference and the All-Russian Scientific School of Young Scientists on the Intellectual Development of S.L. Frank's Heritage "The Legacy of S.L. Frank in the context of Russian and European culture”. Saratov, May 23–25, 2019;
- «Die „aufklärerische“ Frauenbildung in Russland in der Zeit von Katharina II.: Was muss man machen, um den aufgeklärten Menschen zu bilden?» // Der Kongress «Bildung und Aufklärung(en). Ideale und Realitäten – Epochen und Kulturen». Saarbrücken (Germany), March 19-21, 2019;
- "The Death of Western Culture": S.L. Frank about the book of O. Spengler (new materials) // Scientific conference: on the 100th anniversary of the bestseller of the twentieth century “Oswald Spengler. Der Untergang des Abendlandes”, Moscow, IPh RAS, December 11, 2018;
- S.L. Frank's biography in German-speaking sources: from the schedule of lectures to guest books // L.N. Tolstoy and Russian religious philosophy. X Colloquium of the Interdisciplinary Intellectual Club. Yasnaya Polyana, October 14-17, 2018;
- The critical philosophy of I. Kant as the source of S. L. Frank's new metaphysics, // International seminar “Transcendental turn in modern philosophy – 3: nature (specificity) of transcendental philosophy”. Moscow, GAUGN, April 11–22, 2018;
- Analysis of the origins of the Russian revolution in social philosophy S.L. Franka // All-Russian scientific conference with international participation“ Man and society in the context of modernity ”(Philosophical readings in memory of Professor P.K. Grechko). Moscow, RUDN University, June 14, 2017;
- Frank on the origins and essence of the Russian revolution (based on archival materials) // All-Russian Conference dedicated to the 100th anniversary of liberal arts education in Saratov “Philosophy in the conditions of sociocultural diversity: from expert knowledge to worldview guidelines”. Saratov, SSU named after Chernyshevsky. September 28 - 29, 2017;
- Russian Revolution and Soviet Power: Position of S.L. Frank (based on archival materials) // Round-table discussion «Russian revolution & religion: breaks and connections». IPhRAS, Febrary 14, 2017;
- Philosophical understanding of the creative heritage of S.L. Frank in Germany: “schools” and directions // International Scientific Conference on the 140th birthday of S.L. Franka. "I recognize myself as a student ...". Saratov, May 22-26, 2017;
- Phenomenon of „Historical Oblivion“ in the philosophy of Peter Chaadaev // International Conference, Krakow Meetings, June 2-8 2016., Pontifical University of John Paul II in Krakow, Poland.
- Der Prozess der Сommemoration in der Stadt Wolgograd in sowjetischer und postsowjetischer Zeit // IC MEMO 2015 CONFERENCE «Form-Architecture-Memory». 2015 Munich/Flossenbuerg.
- Die nationale Identität und das Konstruieren des historischen Gedächtnisses // Russisch-deutsche wissenschaftliche Schule: „Lehren der Vergangenheit: Totalitarismus in Museen, Gedenkstätten, Archiven und modernen Medien in Russland und Deutschland“ 17.-21. Oktober 2016, Perm (Russland).
- Medal of the Russian Academy of Sciences for young scientists of Russia following the results of the 2018 competition in the field of philosophy, sociology of psychology and law for work “Philosophical Heritage of S.L. Frank: publications and research of new sources".
|Speeches and open lectures
- Series of online lectures on the philosophical meanings of fairy tales by A.S. Pushkin: Lecture 1. Tales of A.S. Pushkin: a fabulous tradition and the era of romanticism; Lecture 2. Snow White and the Dead Princess: Pushkin and the Brothers Grimm (episode 1); Lecture 3. Flounder-fish and Goldfish: Pushkin and the Brothers Grimm (episode 2); Lecture 4. The Golden Cockerel and the Arab stargazer: Pushkin and Irving. Moscow, Library-reading room named after A.S. Pushkin, April 14, 17, 21, May 15, 2020;
- The Tale of Bygone Years: How and Why Was the Chronicle Written in Ancient Russia? Popular science online lecture in the Library of the History of Russian Philosophy and Culture “House of A.F. Losev", April 29, 2020;
- Tales of Pushkin and the pan-European literary tradition. Popular science lecture. Moscow, ZIL Cultural Center, January 31, 2020;
- New facts about the life and work of S.L. Frank. Popular science lecture (together with T. Obolevich). Moscow, Library of the History of Russian Philosophy and Culture "House of A.F. Losev", September 20, 2019;
- Tales of Pushkin: texts, meanings, parallels. Popular science lecture. Moscow, Library-reading room to them. A.S. Pushkin, September 7, 2019;
- We are reading Pushkin on the Arbat. To the 220th birthday of the poet. ”The Tale of the Fisherman and the Fish". Popular science lecture. Moscow, Library of the History of Russian Philosophy and Culture "House of A.F. Losev", June 21, 2019;
- "Das Unergründliche": the fate of S.L. Frank's German philosophy of religion. Master class in the framework of the All-Russian Scientific School of Young Scientists on the Intellectual Development of S.L. Frank's Heritage "The Legacy of S.L. Frank in the context of Russian and European culture”, Saratov, “Frank House”, May 23, 2019;
- Kuindzhi. The forest is physical and metaphysical. Popular science lecture. Moscow, Tretyakov Gallery, February 9, 2019;
- Philosophical ship. Semyon Frank: philosopher in Germany. Speech on the radio "New Life". Air dated January 10, 2019;
- Tales of Pushkin at the hearth in Gorky Park. Popular science lecture in Gorky Park, January 7, 2019;
- Representations of time and space in the "Tale of Bygone Years": the chronotope of the Old Russian scribe. Popular science lecture in the Library of the History of Russian Philosophy and Culture “House of A.F. Losev", November 30, 2018;
- A. Einstein and S.L. Frank: a debate about Soviet politics in the late 1920s and early 1930s. Speech at the theoretical seminar of the Department of Philosophy of MSTU. Bauman, October 26, 2018;
- "The Philosophical Steamboat. Semyon Frank: to be faithful to the end". Speech on the radio "New Life". Aired February 18, 2018.