Department of Philosophical Problems in Natural Science
Department of the Philosophical Problems in Natural Sciences
Head of the Department - D.Sc. in Philosophy, Main Research Fellow Sevalnikov Andrey Yu.
Research unit was created in 1972. It was based on the sector of philosophical problems of modern sciences, which was founded in 1946. At the root of the sector stood a prominent physicist and methodologist of science S.I. Vavilov. Soon (in 1945) he became the president of theAcademyofSciencesof theUSSR.
From 1947-1970 the head of the sector was a prominent philosopher I.V.Kuznetsov. After him for many years, sector was ruled by the member of theAcademyofSciencesof the USSR M. E. Omeljyanovsky. Later sector was headed by famous philosophers Kedrov B.M. and after him - D.Sc. in philosophy Sachkov Yu.V.; D.Sc. in philosophy Mamchur Ye.Ark.; D.Cs. in philosophy Sevalnikov A.Yu.
Main directions of the research work
At the begining of its existence sector was focused on the analysis of the philosophical problems of Physics (relativity and quantum theory). Later field of investigation was enlarged and included the questions of Biology, Chemistry, Cybernetics. Nowadays the problematic field of the sector has been expanded covering the major philosophical and methodological problems of Physics, Cosmology, contemporary technology and mathematics. Of great importance at all stages of the sector research work was the analysis of epistemological problems of Physics, the problems of scientific method, the concept of probability. In recent years considerable emphasis was made on studying peculiar properties of the complex systems, on studying of the place and role of science in the system of culture (social-cultural aspects of physical cognition, possibilities and limits of modern science).
In 2014 – 2020 sector conducts research work in framework of main theme
"Philosophical foundations of modern natural sciences".
a) "The problem of reality in modern natural sciences and technology";
b) "Space as a transcendental premise of the nature studying";
c) "The problem of ontology in modern physical cognition."
- Sevalnikov Andrey Yu., D.Sc. in Philosophy, Main Research Fellow
- Antipenko Leonid G., Ph.D. in Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow
- Chernovitskaya Yulia V., Ph.D.in Philosophy, Research Fellow
- Konyaev Sergey N., Ph.D in Physics and Mathematics, Senior Research Fellow
- Krushanov Alexander A., D.Sc. in Philosophy, Professor, Leading Research Fellow
- Mamchur Elena A., D.Sc. in Philosophy, Professor, Main Research Fellow
- Rodin Andrey V., Ph.D in Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow
- Povarova Tatiana E., Assistant
- Sevalnikov A.Yu. Time in the quantum theory // Metaphysics. 2018. № 1 (27). P. 73-77.
- Chernovitskaya Yu.V. Intercultural Communication in Modern Society: Towards a Society of Cultural Pluralism // Philosophy and Culture. - 2018. - No. 1. - P. 22-31. DOI: 10.7256 / 2454-0757.2018.1.23548. URL: http://e-notabene.ru/pfk/article_23548.html
- Mamchur E.A. On the question of the paradox of time: the theoretical-cognitive aspect of the problem // Vox. Philos. journals 2018. Number 24 [Electronic resource]. DOI: 10.24411 / 2077-6608-2017-00047
- Mamchur E.A. Human-related factors in the development of the natural sciences // Digital-Scholar: laboratory of the philosopher. 2018. № 2.
- Krushanov A.A. How to self-determine the study of universal laws? // Vox: Philos. journals 2018. Number 25 [Electronic resource].
- Antipenko L.G. Fundamental ontology of Heidegger as a model of dialectical thinking // Vox. 2018. № 25. [Electronic resource].
- Mamchur Еlena. The Destiny of Atomism in Modern Science and the Structural Realism // Special Issue of the Journal of Social Epistemology. 2017. Vol. 31. P. 94-103. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02691728.2016.1227396.
- Mamchur Elena. Aristotle’s notion of “Place” in the Context of the Present-day Physics // International Studies in the Philosophy of Science. 2017. V. 30. № 4. P.
- Родин А.В. (Rodin A.). Venus Homotopically // IfCoLog Journal of Logics and their Applications. 2017. Vol. 4. No. 4. P. 1427–1446.
- Родин А.В. (Rodin A.V.). Computing in Space and Time // Pietsch W., Wernecke J., Ott M. (Eds.). Berechenbarkeit der Welt? Philosophie und Wissenschaft im Zeitalter von Big Data. Wiesbaden: Springer, 2017. Р. 193–207.
- The problem of reality in the modern sciences. M., “Canon+”, 2015. 384 p.
- Antipenko L.G. Mathematical universe of Heidegger. M., “Canon+”, 2015. 192 p.;
- Space as a transcendental prerequisite of the cognition of reality / Ed. E.A.Mamchur. M ., ‘IPh RAS”, 2014. 108 p.
- The relationship of fundamental science and technology as an object of the philosophy of science (Ed. Mamchur E.A.). M., “IPh RAS”, 2014. 227 p.
- Rodin A.V. Axiomatic Method and Category Theory (Springer Series in Philosophy, Synthese Library vol. 364). “Springer”, 2014. 285 p.
- Metauniverse, space, time. (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.). M., “IPh RAS”, 2013. 141 p.
- Cosmology, physics, culture. (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.). M., “IPh RAS”, 2011. 243 p.
- Humanism and philosophical values (Ed. Krushanov A.A., Gezalov A.A.). M.: “Canon +", 2011. 384 p.
- The future of fundamental sciences: conceptual, philosophical and social aspects of the problem (Ed. Krushanov A.A., Mamchur E.A.). M., “Krasand”, 2011. 288 p.
- Contemporary Cosmology: Philosophical horizons (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.). M., "Canon +", 2010. 432 p.
- Modern technologies: philosophical and methodological problems (Ed. Konyaev S.N., Krushanov A.A.). M., 2010. 311 p.
- Sevalnikov A.Yu. Interpretation of quantum mechanics. In search of a new ontology. M.: Publishing house "LIBROKOM", 2009; P.
- Mamchur E.A. Images of science in modern culture. M., "Canon +", 2008. 400 p.
- "Theoretical virtualistics: new challenges, approaches and solutions." (Ed. Mamchur E.A.). M., “Science”, 2008. 316 p.
- Einstein and the prospects of development of science. (Ed. Mamchur E.A.) M., "Reproniks", 2007.
- Universal evolutionism and global issues. (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V., Mamchur E.A.). M., “IPh RAS”, 2007. 253 p.
- "Spontaneity and determinism." M., “Science”, 2006. 323 p.
- "The concept of virtual worlds and scientific knowledge" (Ed. Akchurin I.A., Konyaev S.N.). SPb., “RHGI”, 2000. 319 p.
- "Problems of the value status of science at the turn of the XXI Century" (Ed. Bazhenov L.B.). SPb., “RHGI”, 1999. 280 p.
- "Philosophy of science: a retrospective view" (Ed. Sachkov Yu.V.). M., 2000.
- "Natural Science in the humanitarian context" (Ed. Mamchur E.A.). M.,1999.
- "Socio-cultural context of science" (Ed. Mamchur E.A.). M., 1998.
- "Philosophical Problems of classical and nonclassical physics" (Ed. Illarionov S.V, Mamchur E.A.). M., 1998.
- "Physics in the system of culture" (Ed. Sachkov Yu.V.). M., 1996.
- "Astronomy and the modern world picture" (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.). M., 1996.
- "The philosophy of elementary particle physics (30 years later)" (Ed. Molchanov Yu.B.). M., 1995.
- "Methodological Problems postnonclassical Science" (Ed. Mamchur E.A.). M., 1992.
- "Newtonand philosophical problems of physics of the twentieth century" (Ed. Akhundov M.D., Bazhenov L.B.). M., 1991.
- "Natural Science: Consistency and dynamics” (Ed. Mamchur E.A.). M., 1990.
- "The Universe, astronomy and philosophy" (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.). M., 1988.
- "The methods of scientific knowledge and physics" M., 1985.
- "Epistemology and Modern Physics” (Ed. Sachkov Yu.). M., 1984.
- Experiment. Model. Theory ". Moscow-Berlin (Ed. Omeljyanovsky P.E., H.Hertz). M., 1982.
- "The physical theory (philosophical and methodological analysis)" (Ed. Akchurin I.A.). M., 1980.
Sector is involved in constant international relations: members of the sector participate in the International conferences. Members of the Sector take part in events organized by the Institute of Philosophy of National Academy of Sciences Belarus Republic (The First Belarusian Philosophical Congress "National Philosophy in the Global World" (Republic of Belarus, Minsk, 2017, October, 18-20), Scientific Conference "Philosophical knowledge and challenges of civilizational development" (Minsk, 2016, April, 21-22) and the Intern. Scientific conf. "Dialogue of cultures in the global risk age" (Minsk, 2016, May, 17-18); ("Vasily Nalimov - mathematician and philosopher" (on the 100th anniversary of his birth.)Moscow, November 2010; "Space for Humanity" (Korolev, 2008, May), World International Congresses and Symposiums. Sector has connections with some European Universites (National Technical University of Athens,OxfordUniversity, National University of Madrid, etc.). Some scholars of the sector are the members of the boards of International journals (for example, International Studies in the Philosophy of Science, Routledge. Taylor and Francis Group).
Foreign colleagues participate as authors in books prepared by the sector. (for example, "Modern Cosmology: Philosophical horizons", "Theoretical virtualistics: new issues, approaches and solutions", "Einstein and the prospects of science"). Sector discusses mutual problems with foreign colleagues. Sector members are trying to publish their works abroad, and first of all in the Materials of the International Congresses (Materials of XXII World congress on philosophy. Rethinking Philosophy Today. July 30 - August 15, 2008.Seoul, National University Seoul, Korea; Materials of the 14-th International Congress on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science) and others).
Received honors, awards, medals and other awards.
Mamchur E.A. received award from the heads of the European Inter-University Centre for Scientific Research (IUC) for long-term support and active work at the Centre as one of the Directors of “Course in Philosophy of Science" and a member of the editorial board of "International Studies in the Philosophy of Science". Routledge. Tylor and Francis Group (IUC is based inCroatia).
In 2010 and 2014 biography of Mamchur E.A. included in the Encyclopedia «Who is Who in Russia» for a successful professional activity in the Russian science and philosophy.
A.Yu.Sevalnikov is a superviser of postgraduate Erastova A.S. (RAS Institute of Philosophy). The name of the theses is "Influence of Philipp Melanchthon's natural philosophical ideas on the genesis of modern science".
A.Yu.Sevalnikov is also a superviser of postreduate Rodina A.V. (RAS Institute of Philosophy). The name of the theses is "Philosophical aspects of the unified theory of physics".
Address: Goncharnaya 12/1, Moscow, 109240, Russian Federation, room 426
Tel. (495) 697-92-09;