Department of Philosophical Issues in Natural Science
Head of the Department - D.Sc. in Philosophy, Main Research Fellow Sevalnikov Andrey Yu.
Research unit was created in 1972. It was based on the sector of philosophical problems of modern sciences, which was founded in 1946. At the root of the sector stood a prominent physicist and methodologist of science S.I. Vavilov. Soon he became the president of the Academy of Siences of the USSR. From 1947-1970 a prominent scientist and philosopher I.V.Kuznetsov became the head of the sector. After him for many years, sector was ruled by the member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR M. E. Omeljyanovsky. Later sector was headed by famous philosophers Kedrov B.M. and after him - D.Sc. in philosophy Sachkov Yu.V.
At the begining of its existence the sector was focused on the analysis of the philosophical problems of physics (relativity and quantum theory). Later field of investigation was enlarged and included the questions of biology, chemistry, cibernetics. Now the problematic of the sector has been expanded covering the major philosophical and methodological problems of physics, cosmology, contemporary technology and mathematics. Of great importance at all stages of the sector investigation was the analysis of epistemological problems of physics, the problems of scientific method, the consept of probability. In recent years considerable emphasis is made on studying of complex systems, the place and role of science in the system of culture (social-cultural aspects of physical knowledge, possibilities and limits of modern science).
The department conducts research work in 2014-2020:
"Philosophical foundations of modern natural science".
a) "The problem of reality in modern natural science and technology";
b) "Space as a transcendental premise of the cognition of nature";
c) "The problem of ontology in modern physical cognition."
- Sevalnikov Andrey Yu., D.Sc. in Philosophy, Main Research Fellow
- Antipenko Leonid G., Ph.D. in Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow
- Chernovitskaya Yulia V., Ph.D.in Pphilosophy, Research Fellow
- Konyaev Sergey N., Ph.D in Physics and Mathematics, Senior Research Fellow
- Krushanov Alexander A., D.Sc. in Philosophy, Leading Research Fellow
- Mamchur Elena A., D.Sc. in Philosophy, Main Research Fellow
- Rodin Andrey V., Ph.D in Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow
- Povarova Tatiana E., Assistant
- Sevalnikov A.Yu. Time in the quantum theory // Metaphysics. 2018. № 1 (27). P. 73-77.
- Chernovitskaya Yu.V. Intercultural Communication in Modern Society: Towards a Society of Cultural Pluralism // Philosophy and Culture. - 2018. - No. 1. - P. 22-31. DOI: 10.7256 / 2454-0757.2018.1.23548. URL: http://e-notabene.ru/pfk/article_23548.html
- Mamchur Еlena. The Destiny of Atomism in Modern Science and the Structural Realism // Special Issue of the Journal of Social Epistemology. 2017. Vol. 31. С. 93–104. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02691728.2016.1227396.
- Mamchur Elena. Aristotle’s notion of “Place” in the Context of Present-day Physics // International Studies in the Philosophy of Scienceе. 2017. V. 30. № 4.
- Родин А.В. (Rodin A.). Venus Homotopically // IfCoLog Journal of Logics and their Applications. 2017. Vol. 4. No. 4. P. 1427–1446.
- Родин А.В. (Rodin A.V.). Computing in Space and Time // Pietsch W., Wernecke J., Ott M. (Eds.). Berechenbarkeit der Welt? Philosophie und Wissenschaft im Zeitalter von Big Data. Wiesbaden: Springer, 2017. Р. 193–207.
- The problem of reality in modern science. M., 2015. 384 p.
- Antipenko L.G.. Mathematical universe of Heidegger / L.G.Antipenko. M., 2015. 192 p.;
- Space as a transcendental prerequisite of the cognition of reality / Ed. E.A.Mamchur. M .: IPh RAS, 2014. 108 p .;
- The relationship of fundamental science and technology as an object of the philosophy of science (Ed. Mamchur E.A.). M.: IPh RAS, 2014. 227 p.;
- Rodin A.V. Axiomatic Method and Category Theory (Springer Series in Philosophy, Synthese Library vol. 364). Springer 2014. 285 p.;
- Metauniverse, space, time. (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.). M.: IPh RAS, 2013. 141 p.;
- Cosmology, physics, culture. (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.). M.: IPh RAS, 2011. 243 p.;
- Humanism and philosophical values (Ed. Krushanov A.A., Gezalov A.A.). M.: “Canon +", 2011. 384 p.;
- The future of fundamental science: conceptual, philosophical and social aspects of the problem (Ed. Krushanov A.A., Mamchur E.A.) (2011);
- Cosmology: Philosophical horizons (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.). M.: "Canon +" (2010);
- Modern technology: philosophical and methodological problems (Ed. Konyaev S.N.) (2010);
- Sevalnikov A.Yu. Interpretation of quantum mechanics. In search of a new ontology. M.: Publishing house "LIBROKOM" (2009);
- Mamchur E.A. "Images of science in modern culture." Moscow.: "Canon +." (2008)
- "Theoretical virtualistics: new challenges, approaches and solutions." M.: "Science." (Ed. Mamchur E.A.) (2008)
- "Einstein and the prospects of development of science”. M.: "Reproniks." (Ed. Mamchur E.A.) (2007)
- "Universal evolutionism and global issues." M.: IPh RAS. (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V., Mamchur E.A.) (2007)
- "Spontaneity and determinism." M.: Science. (2006);
- "The concept of virtual worlds and scientific knowledge" (Ed. Akchurin I.A., Konyaev S.N.) (2000);
- "Problems of the value status of science at the turn of the XXI Century" (Ed. Bazhenov L.B.) (2000);
- "Philosophy of science: a retrospective view" (Ed. Sachkov Yu.V.) (2000);
- "Natural Science in the humanitarian context" (Ed. Mamchur E.A.) (1999);
- "Socio-cultural context of science" (Ed. Mamchur E.A.) (1998);
- "Philosophical Problems of classical and nonclassical physics" (Ed. Illarionov S.V, Mamchur E.A.) (1998);
- "Physics in the system of culture" (Ed. Sachkov Yu.V.) (1996);
- "Astronomy and the modern world picture" (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.) (1996);
- "The philosophy of elementary particle physics (30 years later)" (Ed. Molchanov Yu.B.) (1995);
- "Methodological Problems postnonclassical Science" (Ed. Mamchur E.A.) (1992);
- "Newton and philosophical problems of physics of the twentieth century" (Ed. Akhundov M.D., Bazhenov L.B.) (1991);
- "Natural Science: Consistency and dynamics” (Ed. Mamchur E.A.) (1990);
- "The Universe, astronomy and philosophy" (Ed. Kazjutinsky V.V.) (1988);
- "The methods of scientific knowledge and physics" (1985);
- "Epistemology and Modern Physics” (Ed. Sachkov Yu.) (1984);
- Experiment. Model. Theory ". Moscow-Berlin (Ed. Omeljyanovsky P.E., H.Hertz) (1982);
- "The physical theory (philosophical and methodological analysis)" (Ed. Akchurin I.A. (1980).
The sector is in constant international relations: the members of the Sector participate in International conferences. The members of the Sector take part in events organized by the Institute of Philosophy National Academy of Sciences Belarus Republic (The First Belarusian Philosophical Congress "National Philosophy in the Global World" (Republic of Belarus, Minsk, October 18-20, 2017), Scientific Conference "Philosophical knowledge and challenges of civilizational development" (Minsk, 21-22 April 2016) and the Intern. Scientific conf. "Dialogue of cultures in the global risk age" (Minsk, 17 May -18 2016); ("Vasily Nalimov - mathematician and philosopher" (on the 100th anniversary of his birth.) Moscow, November 2010, "Space for Humanity" (Korolev, May 2008), World International Congresses and Symposiums. Sector has connectionce with some European Universites (National Technical University of Athens, Oxford University, National University of Madrid, etc.). Some of the scientists of the Sector are on the boards of International journals (for example, International Studies in the Philosophy of Science, Routledge. Taylor and Francis Group).
Foreign scientists participate as authors in books published by the Sector. (for example, "Modern Cosmology: Philosophical horizons", "Theoretical virtualistics: new issues, approaches and solutions", "Einstein and the prospects of science"). The sector is constantly working with foreign colleagues, employers of sector are published abroad (Materials of XXII World congress on philosophy. Rethinking Philosophy Today. July 30 - August 15, 2008. Seoul, National University Seoul, Korea, Journal of Studies in Siberia, № 6. 2010. (in Chinese lang.); the Symposium “Integrity and Diversity of Traditions and Trends in Today’s Philosophy of Science” (Materials of 14-th International Congress on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science) and others.
Received honors, awards, medals and other awards.
Mamchur E.A. received award from the leadership of the European Inter-University Centre for Scientific Research (IUC) for long-term support and active work at the Centre as one of the Directors of “Course in Philosophy of Science" and a member of the editorial board of "International Studies in the Philosophy of Science". Routledge. Tylor and Francis Group (IUC is based in Croatia).
In 2010 and 2014 biography of Mamchur E.A. included in the Encyclopedia «Who is Who in Russia» for a successful career in the Russian science and philosophy.
Guide graduate by Taraborin D.A. (RAS Institute of Philosophy). The name of the theses is "Philosophical and methodological aspects of the building a unifying theory in physics", supervisor - Mamchur, E.A.; by Chuvasheva E.S. (RAS Institute of Philosophy) "The principle of broken symmetries in physical knowlege: philosophical aspect", supervisor Mamchur E.A.
Guide graduate by Erastova A.S. (RAS Institute of Philosophy). The name of the theses is "Influence of Philipp Melanchthon's natural philosophical ideas on the genesis of modern science", supervisor Sevalnicov A.Yu.
Guide graduate by Rubtsov S.V. The name of the theses is "Philosophical and methodological problems of bionics", supervisor Krushanov A.A.
Address: Goncharnaya 12/1, Moscow, 109240, Russian Federation, room 426
Tel. (495) 697-92-09;