Scopus Author ID: 57195538768
Dr. habil. philos. A.S. Maidanov
Date and place of birth
1938, Gorlovka Donetsk region. (Ukraine)
Graduate (1964, Moscow State University.)
- Ph. D. in philosophy (1971, Ph. D. thesis, "The Dialectics of the Sign and Meaning", Institute of Philosophy of the USSR Academy of Sciences).
- Dr. habil. In Philosophy (1987, Ph. D. thesis: "Structure and Dynamics of the Process of Scientific Creativity", Institute of Philosophy of the USSR Academy of Sciences).
Fields of research
Ontology, philosophy of science, epistemology, semiotics, mythology, cultural studies, miflology.
The scientific researchs.
- Epistemology and Logic of the Myth: the Heavenly, the Terrestrial, the Human. URSS, Moscow. 2017. 600 р.
- Language, Meaning, Creativity. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 2015. 141 p. (in Co-authorship with Smirnova N.M. and Beskova I.A.)
- The Methodology of Scientific Creativity. 2 edition. M.: Librokom/ URSS, 2012. 512 p.
- Perception the Beauty by Blinds. M.: Kanon+,2010. 616 p.
- Mysteries of the Great “Rigveda”. 2 edition. M.: URSS, 2006. 208 p.
- The World of Aesthetic Perception of Blind People. M.: Logos, 2003. 189 p.
- The Process of Scientific Creativity: the Philosophical and Methodological Analysis. M.:URSS. 2 edition. 2002. 207 p.
- Mysteries of the Great “Rigveda”. M.: URSS, 2002. 208 p.
- Intelligence Solves Unusual Problems. M.: Institute of Philpsophy RAS, 1998. 321 p.
- Discovery: Methodology and Logic of Scientific Creativity. M.: Repro, 1993. 185p.
Main articles in journals and collective monographs:
- Maidanov A.S. Ways and crossroads of the collective cognitive process // Philosophy of Creativity. 5th issue / Eds.: Natalia Smirnova, Irina Beskova. Moscow: Iintell, 2019. P. 157–191.
Maydanov A.S. The Myth as the Means of Sacralization of the Life World of Human // Voprosy Filosofii. Vol. 9. 2018, pp. 207 – 2014.
Maydanov A.S. Creativity and Symbolism of Myths // The Philosophy of Creativity. Vol. 4. M.: IInteLL, 2018, pp.
Maydanov A.S. Discussion as an effective remedy of scientific creativity // The Philosophy of Creativity. Vol. 4. M.: IIntell, 2018, pp.
- Maydanov A.S. Correlation of Mythological and Scientific Images of Reality as a Method of Mutual Interpretation // The Philosophical Thought. 2016. № 5. P. 55-86.
- Maydanov A.S. The Dynamics of the Creative Process in Scientific Knowledge // The Philosophy of Creativity. Vol.2. M.: IIntell. 2016. P.86-110.
- Maydanov A.S. Metaphor as a Means of Mythological Creativity // Smirnova N.M., Beskova I.A., Maidanov A.S. Language, Sense, Creativity. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 2015. P. 96-135.
- Maydanov A.S. The Principles and Logical Schemes of Mythological Thinking // The Philosophy of Creativity / Eds. Smirnova N.M., Alekseev A.U. M.: IIntell, 2015. P. 233-243.
- Maydanov A.S. Construction of Metaphors and Myths and their Interpretation // Philosophical Thought. 2015. № 4. P. 79-225.
- Maydanov A.S. Small Organon Mythological Creativity // Philosophical Investigations. 2014. № 2. P. 71-162 . http:// www. enotabene.ru/fr/article 11070.html
- Maydanov A.S. The Logic of Mythological Thinking. Part 2. Paradigms of Mythological Thinking // Philosophy and Culture. 2014. № 4. P. 594-606.
- Maydanov A.S. On Meaning in General and on the Mythical Meaning in Particular // Experience and Meaning. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 2014. P. 39-63.
- Maydanov A.S. “Creeping Octopus” of Scientific Research // Epistemology of Creativity. M.: Kanon+, 2013. P. 316-361.
- Maydanov A.S. Sources and Methods of Creation of Myths in the Indian Vedas // Epistemology of Creativity. M.: Kanon+, 2013. P. 415-433.
- Maydanov A.S. Reflection and Imagination as Kinds of Activity of the Archaic Intellect // The Problem of Imagination in Evolutionary Epistemology. M.: Institute oj Philosophy RAS, 2013. P.143-165.
- Maydanov A.S. The Dynamics of the World and its Subjects in the Vedic Cosmology. Part 1 // Philosophy and Culture. 2013. № 3. P. 337-349.
- Maydanov A.S. The Dynamics of the World and its Subjects in the Vedic Cosmology. Part 2 // Philosophy and Culture. 2013. № 4. P. 487-498.
- Maydanov A.S. The Inverse Image of the Universe in the Indian Vedas // Philosophical Researchs. 2013. № 1. P.60-89. URL: http://e-notabene.ru/fr/article 223.html
- Maydanov A.S. Specificity of Communication of the Blind in their Intellectual Activity // Philosophy and Science. Vol. 17. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 2012. P. 270-288.
- Maydanov A.S. From Demiurge’s Activity to Creative Fire: Evolution of Cosmogonical Thinking in the Indian Vedas // Evolutionary Epistemology: the Modern Discussions and Trends. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 2012. P.187-208.
- Myidanov A.S. The Creative Nature of Mythological Thinking // Creativity: Epistemological Analysis. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS. 2011. P.167-189.
- Maydanov A.S. The Vedic Myth about Natural Cataclysm // Vostok. 2011, № 1. P. 5-20.
- Maydanov A.S. The Unconscious as a Source of Myths: What Freud and Jung Were Right and Wrong about // Psychology and Psychotechnics, 2011, № 4. P. 42-57.
- Maydanov A.S. The Problem of Truth in the Mythology // Truth in the Sciences and Philosophy. M.: Alpha-M, 2010. P. 326-353.
- Maydanov A.S. From the Mythical Image of Phenomenon to the Scientific / / Philosophy of Science. Vol. 15. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 2010. P. 248-266.
- “Creative Thinking and its Development”. RFFI. 2000-2002. № 00-06-80120.
- “Development of Perception by Blinds”. RHSF. 2003-2005. № 03-06-00045a.
- «Epistemological Analysis of Vedic Mythology". RHSF. 2007-2009. № 07-03-00040a.
- «Peculiarities of Consciousness and Thought in Chan- Buddhism» - 2006-2008.
- «A Picture of the World in Vedic Mythology". RFFI. 2010 -2012. № 10- 06 - 00201a.
Scientific and organizational work
Editor of the books:
Art as a Means of Spiritual Development of the Blinds. M., 2004. 113 p.
Philosophy of Science. Vol. 9. The Evolution of Creative Thinking. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS. 2003. 309 p.
The Verge of Scientific Creativity". M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 1999. 284 p.
Creative Thinking in Scientific Cognition. M.: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 1989. 173 p.
Philosophy of Creativity. 2 issue. Cognitive and Sociocultural Dimensions (Smirnova N.M., Maidanov A.S. eds.) M.: IIntell, 2016. 314 p.
Leader of research groups for the study the scientific creativity (1986-2004)
The new research paper (2019) is a historical and philosophical essay on the description of the structure and dynamics of the scientific and cognitive process. Since such a process, taken in its general form, is extremely complicated and immense for an article, the author uses a more compact way of displaying this phenomenon. The object of the study is the specific cognitive activity of a well-defined small research team - the department of philosophical problems of creativity of the Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The scientific way of this team for more than forty years was covered, the stages of this way, the problems it solves, their change and the use of different approaches to overcoming them are characterized. A picture of the active and at the same time productive interaction of various theoretical and methodological positions of the department’s employees is reproduced. The dynamic logic of the development of the research process is revealed, the productive potential of the used epistemological means and the gnoseological results obtained with their help is assessed. When writing this article, the author was guided by the rule: "In a small, but typical, a large one is reflected."
Significant results of the work are establishing the identity of a collective creative process, identifying mechanisms for its sustainable development and defining actions that promote the disclosure of the most productive components of the process. The results of the study are generalized to different areas of search activity.
In 2018, the article "Creativity and symbolism of myths" was written and recommended for publication. It solves the problem of interpreting one of the most mysterious images in the world mythology – a three-legged donkey contained in the Zoroastrian texts. Such approach to this myth, which is abstracted from the cosmological and other naturalistic views on the Genesis of this image, namely the socio-cultural approach, is proposed. It is shown how the process of sacralizing the life world of ancient people is carried out with the help of symbols. Also written and is recommended for publication article "Discussion as a multidimensional collective search". It analyzed the logical and methodological aspect of the discussion process, and also takes into account other aspects – subject-content, psychological, social, organizational. The discussion is studied in close connection with the broad context of cognitive activity, with the conditions of its implementation. Specific logical schemes of the course and development of the discussion are revealed. It is shown how the discussions reflect the evolutionary nature of the process of formation of scientific knowledge.
The results received during the studies of scientific creativity, cover a wide range of issues related to its structure and dynamics, mechanisms, methods and approaches of formulating and solving non-standard scientific problems. Among the most important results we can mention elaboration and justification of such methodological tools such as the method of effects, the method of contrast, paradigmal-non-paradigmal way of solving non-standard problems. The logic of the process of scientific creativity has been analyzed, its specific nature has been revealed and characterized, the features and forms of its manifestation in the search activities have been shown, the models of the structure of the creative process have been proposed.
The studies have revealed the peculiarities of the process of discovery. It has been shown how great discoveries are made. It is described how the science moves from the available knowledge to the knowledge which is fundamentally different, not logically derived from the previous one. It is shown that the process of scientific creativity is the activity of solving extraordinary problems, i.e. the problems which solution provides in a qualitatively new knowledge. Just while working with such problems is a real creativity. Their content is beyond the capabilities of existing views and believes, ideas, methods, or available paradigms, that’s why they can be called non-paradigmatic. It is revealed how new problems appear in the process of learning, how they change and develop, what methods and approaches the scientists use to solve the problems. It is discovered how these approaches are changing during the search process, how new ideas, conjectures, hypotheses are appearing, how the researchers have come to discoveries of new facts and laws. It is shown that the construction of logic and methodology of scientific discoveries proposes the development of their typology. It allows you to distinguish between all the scientific discoveries on a number of specific features, to assign them to groups. Thereby, the originality of certain types and kinds of discoveries is determined.
In the results of study of creativity, the mythological creativity has been researched from epistemological, logical, and socio-cultural positions. The ways of extracting knowledge from the content of myths have been developed. A number of specific approaches of mythological thinking, their creative nature, logic, dialectic and specific paradigmatic character have been revealed, as well as have been the methods and approaches through which the myth-makers created the picture of the world. A new interpretation of some the myths of the Vedas has been proposed. The results the received during the studies of mythological thinking has allowed to us to present mythology as an important initial stage in the single global process of formation and development of human consciousness and thinking.
- Compilation and editing of sound magazine on philosophy "Thought" for blind teachers, postgraduates and students. 4 issues of 32 PP.
- Compilation and editing of the sound journal of cultural studies "Culture of peace" for blind teachers, graduate students and students. 4 issues of 32 PP.
- Video interview Maydanov A. S. for the Round table "Aesthetic rehabilitation of the blind in the space of digital technologies" 1.11.2019 https://yadi.sk/i/drBpZPN-kUZTcA
- Participation Maydanov A. S. in Tiflostrim #36 "How the Russian society of the blind lost its intellectual potential" 8.09.2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpJp4IL-iSk