Year and Place of Birth
Born in 1953
- Graduated from Department of Philosophy of Moscow State University in 1976.
- Postgraduate education - the Institute for History of Science and Technology, Russian Academy of Sciences, 1976-1979.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy (1982). Ph.D. Thesis: The Vaisheshika Atomism. Moscow, 1982.
- D.Sc. in Philosophy (1998). D.Sc. Thesis: Continuity and Discontinuity in Indian Thought: Vaisheshika and Grammatical Philosophy. Moscow 1998.
Field of Studies
History of Indian philosophy, Comparative philosophy.
- Head of the Department of Oriental Philosophies, Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences since 2012;
- Leading Research Fellow at the Department of Oriental Philosophies, Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Chief Research Fellow at the Department of Oriental Philosophies, Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Professor at the Russian State University for Humanities (Moscow).
- Visiting professor: UGC (Delhi, Benares, Pune), 2005; Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 2006, Ecole des Hautes Etudes, Paris, 2008, 2011, Vilnius 2011.
- “Buddiyskaya tsivilizatsiya [Buddhist Civilization.”] Dialog kul'tur. Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie dlya 9-10 klassov negosudarstvennyh obscheobrazovatel'nyh uchrezhdeniy OAO “RZHD” [Dialogue of Cultures. A Teaching Manual for 9-10 Classes of Non-State Educational Institutions of JSC “Russian Railways”.] M.T. Stepnyants ed. M.: FGBOU “Uchebno-metodicheskiy tsentr po obrazovaniyu na zheleznodorozhnom transporte”, 2015: 79-137.
- “Buddiyskaya tsivilizatsiya [Buddhist Civilization.”] Kniga uchitelya. Dialog kul'tur. Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie i hrestomatiya [Teacher's Book. Dialogue of Cultures. A Teaching Manual and Reader.] M.: FGBOU “Uchebno-metodicheskiy tsentr po obrazovaniyu na zheleznodorozhnom transporte”, 2014: 103-178.
- “Buddiyskaya tsivilizatsiya [Buddhist Civilization.”] Dialog kul'tur. Programma uchebnogo kursa dlya 9-10 klassov negosudarstvennyh obscheobrazovatel'nyh uchrezhdeniy OAO “RZHD” [Dialogue of Cultures. A Program for 9-10 Classes of Non-State Educational Institutions of JSC “Russian Railways”.] M.T. Stepanyants ed. Moscow: FGBU “Uchebno-metodicheskiy tsentr po obrazovaniyu na zh-d transporte”, 2013: 21-40.
- Buddiyskie filosofyi ob instrumentah dostovernogo poznaniya [Buddhist Philosophers About the Instruments of Reliable Knowledge.] Moscow: Institute of Philosophy RAS, 2014. (in collaboration with N. Kanaeva; Lysenko’s Translation from Sanskrit into English of the Chapter on Perception from Tattvasamgraha of Shantarakshita with Panjika of Kamalashila thereon).
- Neposredstvennoe i oposredovannoe vospriyatie: spor mezhdu buddiyskimi i brahmanistskimi filosofami (medlennoe chtenie tekstov) [Immediate and Mediated Perception: Controversy between the Buddhist and Brahmanic Philosophers (analyzing the texts).] Moscow: IPHRAS, 2011. 233 p.
- Indiyskaya filosofiya. Entsiklopediya [Indian Philosophy. Encyclopedia.] Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 2008, 960 p. (in collaboration with V.K. Shokhin, M.T. Stepanyants, N.A. Zheleznova, N.A. Kanaeva).
- Classical Indian Philosophy Reintepreted. New Delhi: Decent Books, 2007 (in collaboration with Michel Hulin).
- Universum vaysheshiki [Universum of the Vaiśeṣika.] Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 2003.
- Rannyaya buddiyskaya filosofiya [Early Buddhist Philosophy.] Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 1994.
- Filosofiya prirody v Indii, Atomizm shkoly vaysheshika [Philosophy of Nature in India. Atomism of the Vaiśeṣika School.] Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 1986.
Around 200 papers in Russian, English and French, among them
- “Buddisticheskiy filosof Aleksandr Pyatigorskiy [The Buddhistic Philosopher Alexander Pyatigorsky.”] Pyatigorskiy A.M. Izbrannye stat'i po indologii i buddologii: 1960—1970-e gody [Selected Articles on Indology and Buddhology: 1960-1970-ies.] Moscow: RGGU; IPHRAS, 2018: 7–28.
- “Posleslovie [Afterword.”] Pyatigorskiy A.M. Izbrannye stat'i po indologii i buddologii: 1960—1970-e gody [Selected Articles on Indology and Buddhology: 1960-1970-ies.] Moscow: RGGU; IPHRAS, 2018: 327-367.
- “Priroda soznaniya: Vostok – Zapad [The Nature of Consciousness: East – West.”] Filosofskiy zhurnal [Philosophy Journal] 2(2018). DOI: 10.21146/2072-0726-2018-11-2-106-122 (in collaboration with D.I. Dubrovsky).
- “Kakaya filosofiya mozhet posluzhit mostom mezhdu naukoy i buddizmom? Rossiyskiy podhod [What Philosophy Can Serve as a Bridge Between Science and Buddhism? The Russian Approach.”] Filosofskie nauki [Russian Journal of Philosophical Sciences] 3(2018): 81-98.
- “The Atomistic Approach in Leibniz and Indian Philosophy” Leibniz heute lessen: Wissenschaft, Geschichte, Religion / Herta Nagl-Docekal (Herausgeber) (Wiener Reihe, Band 20) De Gruyter, 2018: 69-85. DOI:10.1515/9783110536133-004.
- “Pamyati Vyacheslava Vsevolodovicha Ivanova (21 avgusta 1929–7 oktyabrya 2017 [In memory of Vyacheslav Vsevolodovich Ivanov (August 21, 1929-7 October 2017).”] Voprosy filosofii [Russian Studies in Philosophy] 3(2018): 44–48.
- Dialogi rossiyskih i buddiyskih uchenyh o prirode soznaniya (obzor konferentsii) [Dialogues of Russian and Buddhist Scientists on the Nature of Consciousness (Review of the Conference).”] Voprosy filosofii [Russian Studies in Philosophy] 4(2018): 208-215 (in collaboration with A.A. Chikin).
- “Naturfilosofiya vkusa v Indii: vaysheshika i buddizm [Naturphilosophy of Taste in India: Vaisheshika and Buddhism.]” Vkus Vostoka. Istoriya, kul'tura i religiya v gastronomicheskih traditsiyah stran Azii i Afriki. Mezhvuzovskaya nauchnaya konferentsiya Tezisy dokladov [Taste of the East. History, Culture and Religion in the Gastronomic Traditions of Asia and Africa.] Moscow: Izdatel'stvo “MGIMO-Universitet”, 2017: 29-30.
- “The Buddhist Philosophy of Language in India: An Overview.” Buddhism and Linguistics. Manel Heart ed. 2017: 19-33 https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-67413-1_2 DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67413-1.https://www.wisepress.com/self-culture-and-consciousness/
- “Sravnitelnaya filosofiya i mezhkulturnaya filosofiya v perspektive postkolonialnyih issledovaniy [Comparative Philosophy and Intercultural Philosophy in the Perspective of Postcolonial Studies.”] Filosofskie nauki [Russian Journal of Philosophical Sciences] 5(2017): 7-27.
- Sub'ekt i sub'ektivnost v perspektive buddiyskoy filosofii abhidharmy [Subject and Subjectivity in the Perspective of Buddhist Abhidharma Philosophy.”] Sub'ektivnyiy mir v kontekste vyizovov sovremennyih kognitivnyih nauk [Subjective World in the Context of Challenges of Modern Cognitive Sciences.] Moscow: IPHRAS; Akvilon, 2017: 145-156.
- “The Problem of Qualia: Perspectives on the Buddhist Theories of Experience.” Self, Culture and Consciousness. S. Menon et al. eds. Singapore: Springer, 2017: 16-32. DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-5777-9_18.
For all papers see here (in Russian).
- Kristian Kozeru. “Soznanie, lichnaya identichnost' i debaty o ‘ya’/’ne-ya’ [Consciousness, Personal Identity and Debates about 'Self' / 'Non-Self'.”] Voprosy filosofii [Russian Studies in Philosophy.] 10(2017): 132-140.
- Dharmakirti. “Pramana-vinishchaya (Udostoverenie instrumentov dostovernogo poznaniya). Glava 1. Prat'yaksha (Vospriyatie). Kariki 1–25 [Pramana-Vinishchaya (Verification of the Instruments of Reliable Knowledge). Chapter 1. Pratyaksha (Perception). Kariks 1-25.”] Istoriya filosofii [History of Philosophy.] 20,2(2015): 79-106.
- Dharmaraja Adhvarindra. “Vedanta-paribhasha. S kommentariem ‘Arthadipika-tika-vibhushita’ Dhanapatisuri Sutashivadatty’ [Vedanta-paribhasha. With the Commentary ‘Arthadipika-tika-vibhushita’ of Dhanapatisuri Sutashivadatta.”] Istoriko-filosofskiy ezhegodnik’ 2015 [History of Philosophy Yearbook’ 2015] (2015): 101-131.
- Shantarakshita. “‘Issledovanie opredeleniy vospriyatiya’ iz kompendiuma ‘Tattva-sangraha’ s kommentariem Kamalashily ‘Pandzhika’ [‘Study of the Definitions of Perception’ from the Compendium ‘Tattva-sangraha’ with the Commentary ‘Panjika’ of Kamalashila.”] (Translation from Sanskrit by V.G. Lysenko.) Lysenko V.G. Kanaeva N.A. Buddiyskie filosofy ob instrumentah dostovernogo poznaniya [Buddhist Philosophers About the Instruments of Reliable Knowledge.] M.: IPHRAS, 2014.
- Prashastapada. “Padarthadharma-sangraha. Shridhara. N'yaya-kandali [Padarthadharma-sangraha. Shridhara. Nyaya-kandali.”] (Translation from Sanskrit by V.G.Lysenko.) Svet dharmy: Antologiya traditsionnoy indiyskoy filosofii [Light of the Dharma: Anthology of Traditional Indian Philosophy.] S.-Petersburg: Amfora, 2013: 364-412.
- “Charles Malamoud. Chernota pis'ma [The Blackness of the Writing.”] (Translation from French by V.G. Lysenko.) Vestnik RGGU. Istoricheskie nauki. Istoriya / Studia classica et mediaevalia [Bulletin of RSUH. Historical Studies. History. Studia classica et mediaevalia]17(2013): 142-170 http://rggubulletin.rggu.ru/binary/2629089_44.1382437160.28386.pdf.
- Louis Pierre Althusser. “Pis'mo Merabu Mamardashvili [A Letter to Merab Mamardashvili.”] (Translation from French and notes by V.G. Lysenko.) M. Mamardashvili. Opyt fizicheskoy metafiziki [Essay on Physical Metaphysics.] Moscow: Progress-traditsiya, 2009: 271-277.
- “‘Nyaya-bindu’ of Dharmakirti with the Commentary ‘Tika’ by Dharmottara. Chapter 1. Perception.”] (Preface, transition from Sanskrit and notes by V.G. Lysenko.) Istoriya filosofii [History of Philosophy] 14(2009): 170-206.
- “Dignaga ob ob'ekte kak opore poznaniya. 'Alambana-pariksha' ('Issledovanie opory soznaniya') i Vritti (kommentariy) [Dignaga about the Object as the Support of Knowledge. 'Alambana-pariksha' ('Study of the Support of Consciousness') and Vritti (Comment).”] (Preface and translation from Sanskrit by V.G. Lyssenko.) Voprosy filosofii [Russian Studies in Philosophy] 4(2008): 138–150.
- Prashastapada. “Sobranie harakteristik kategoriy” s kommentariem “N'yayakandali” Shridhary [“Padārtha-dharma-sangraha” of Praśastapāda with “Nyayakandali” of Shrīdhara.] (Translation from Sanskrit into Russian, Introduction, Historico-philosophical commentary, Notes and Indexes by Victoria Lysenko.) Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 2005.
- Charles Malamoud. Ispech' mir [Cuire le monde.] (Preface, translation from French by V.G.Lysenko). Moscow: Vostochnaya literature, 2005.
- François Jullien. O vremeni. Filosofiya zhit' [Du “Temps”, Éléments d’une philosophie du vivre.] (Preface, translation from French by V.G. Lysenko.) Moscow: Progress-Traditsiya, 2005.
- Michel Hulin. “Ideya pereseleniya dush v 20 v. [The Idea of Transmigration of Souls in XX Century.”] (Translation from French by V.G. Lysenko.) Sravnitel'naya filosofiya. Moral'naya filosofiya v kontekste mnogoobraziya kul'tur [Comparative Philosophy. Moral Philosophy in the Context of Diversity of Cultures.] Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 2004.
- Hans Georg Møller. “Moral' i patalogiya. Komparativnyy podhod [Morality and Pathology. The Comparative Approach.”] (Translation from English by V.G.Lysenko.) Sravnitel'naya filosofiya. Moral'naya filosofiya v kontekste mnogoobraziya kul'tur [Comparative Philosophy. Moral Philosophy in the Context of Diversity of Cultures.] Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 2004.
- François Jullien. “Osnovanie morali: tayna zhalosti [The Basis of Morality: the Mystery of Pity.”] (Translation from French by V.G.Lysenko.) Sravnitel'naya filosofiya. Moral'naya filosofiya v kontekste mnogoobraziya kul'tur [Comparative Philosophy. Moral Philosophy in the Context of Diversity of Cultures.] Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 2004.
- François Jullien. “Put' k tseli: v obhod ili napryamik. Strategiya smysla v Kitae i Gretsii [Le Détour et l’accès, Stratégies du sens en Chine, en Grèce.”] (Translation from French by V.G. Lysenko). Moscow: Moskovskiy filosofskiy fond, 2001.
- Michel Hulin. “Sravnitel'naya filosofiya: metody i perspektivy [Comparative Philosophy: Methods and Perspectives.”] (Translation from French by V.G.Lysenko.) Sravnitel'naya filosofiya [Comparative Philosophy.] Moscow: Vostochnaya literatura, 2000.
- Michel Hulin. “Pamyat' i bessoznatel'noe v ‘Yoga-sutrah’ i v psihoanalize [Memory and the Unconscious in the ‘Yoga Sutras’ and in Psychoanalysis.”] (Translation from French by V.G.Lysenko.) Istoriya filosofii [History of Philosophy] 7(2000).
Participation at congresses and conferences
- 2018, June 8–11 – Panel organizer, moderator of two panels and speaker at the Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy 50th Annual Conference: “Power and Creativity”, Pedagogical University of Cracow and Institute of the Middle and Far East of Jagiellonian University, Crakow Poland, panel 7: PANEL 7 : The Heuristic Interest in Studying Indian Philosophy (chair) (paper: “On the Difference Between Subject-Matter in Indian and Western Philosophical Traditions”).
- 2018, May 1–6 – Participant in the discussions with Dalai-lama and Buddhist monks at the International Symposium "Fundamental Knowledge: Dialogues of Russian and Buddhist Scholars: Understanding the World". Center for Tibetan Culture and Information, the Save Tibet Foundation, the Moscow Center for Consciousness Research at the Philosophical Faculty of the Moscow State University, Institute of Philosophy, RAS. New Delhi.
- 2018, January 3–4 – Plenary speaker at the International conference “Asian Philosophy”, the Center for the Study of Holistic Science in cooperation with the Indian Council for Philosophical Research, Holistic Science Research Center Surat , Gujarat, India (paper: On the Oral Transmission of the Vedic Hymns: Holistic and Atomistic Approaches).
- 2017, December 11–13 – Speaker at the International conference "The Roerich readings", Institute for Oriental Studies, RAS, Moscow. (paper: "Why Did Dignaga Call Vasubandhu’s Definition of Perception Asara (devoid of substance)? Slow Reading of "Pramana-samuccaya-vrtti" (1.13-16) of Dignaga »). https://ancient.ivran.ru/rerihovskie-chteniya.
- 2017, August 5–10 – Plenary speaker and participant of discussions with Dalai-lama and Buddhist monks at the Symposium "Fundamental knowledge: Dialogues of Russian and Buddhist Scholars: Understanding Consciousness", Center for Tibetan Culture and Information, the Save Tibet Foundation, the Moscow Center for Consciousness Research at the Philosophical Faculty of the Moscow State University. Delhi, India (paper: "What Philosophy Could Become a Bridge Between Buddhism and Science"). Program and video recording of the conference: http://dalailama.ru/top/3429-buddhism-and-science.html.
- 2017, March 21 - Lecturer at the University of Patna, Philosophy Faculty, India. (lecture: “Russian Scholar Fedor Stcherbatsky and His Studies of Indian Philosophy”).
- 2017, March 16–17 – Plenary speaker at the Interuniversity scientific conference "The taste of the East: Culture, History and Religion in the Gastronomic Traditions of Asia and Africa". MSUIR Foreign Ministry (paper: "Natural Philosophy of Taste in INDIA: Vaisheshika and Buddhism").
- 2017, May 16–19 – Speaker at the XXXVIII Zograffsky’s Readings “Problems of Interpretation of Traditional Indian Text”. Sanct-Peterburg, (paper: «Criticism of the Definition’s (Lakshana) Goals in Shri Kharsha’s "Khandana-khanda-khadya" (on the Example of the Definition of Perception)") http://www.orientalstudies.ru/rus/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5510&Itemid=48.
- 2017, March 17–19 – Speaker at the International conference “Buddhism In The 21st Century- Perspectives and Response to Global Challenges and Crises “, Ministry of Culture and Government of India, the University of Navanaland Mahavira, Bihar, India (paper: “The Role of Buddhist Philosophy in the Dialogue between Western Science / Philosophy and Buddhism: the Russian Approach”).
- 2016 – Organizer and moderator of the French Philosophical Club for French francophones "La philosophie d'expression française". Three lectures by Professor Sorbonne Michel Jules on the general theme "Religious Experience in the Perspective of Modern Neuroscience". /uplfile/root/projects/francaise/club_philo_2.jpg.
- 2016, November 10–9 – Speaker at the round table "Tibetology and Buddhology at the Crossroads of Science and Religion", Institute of Oriental Studies RAS (paper: "The Place of Philosophy in Buddhism") https://www.ivran.ru/novosti-nauki?artid=5802.
- 2016, November 4–5 – Speaker at the International Symposium “Leibniz heute lesen internationales Symposium”, Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Wien, Austria, (paper: "The Monadology in the Perspective of an Atomistic Approach: some Indian Parallels").
- 2016, November 7–8. Organizer and moderator of the International conference «Buddhism and Phenomenology», IPHRAS http://iphras.ru/7_8_11_2016.htm.
- 2016, October 18–20 – Speaker at the Moscow International Conference on Aristotle "Aristotle's heritage as a constituent element of European rationality», Institute of Philosophy, RAS, Moscow (paper: “The Possibilities of Comparing the Systems of Categories of Aristotle and Prasastapada”) http://iphras.ru/uplfile/histsc/conference/_MIAC_2016.pdf.
- 2016, October 5–6 – Speaker at the conference «Subjective World in the Context of Challenges of Modern Cognitive Sciences", Institute of Philosophy, RAS, Moscow, (paper: "Subjectivity in Buddhist Philosophy ") http://iphras.ru/page13079430.htm.
- 2016, June 23 – Lecturer, cycle of philosophical conversations "Replicas" (library named after F.M. Dostoevsky, Organized by Yu.V. Sineokaya) V.G. Lysenko and D.I. Dubrovsky talks on the subject: "The Nature of Consciousness: East-West" /14_61.htm.
- 2016, June 4–6 – Speaker at the International seminar “Knowledge and Spirituality. Religious Dimension of Man in the Horizon of Contemporary Challenges”, Vatra-Dornei, Romania, (paper: "Buddhism as an Interactive Message: the Principle of Upaya Kaushalya").
- 2016, June 1–2 – Speaker at the International conference “Inter-Religious and Inter-Cultural Dialogue in a Pluralistic World: Philosophical and Theological Perspectives”, Constanța, Romania, (paper: "Relation between Philosophy and Religion in India: A Comparative Perspective").
- 2016, May 11–13 – Speaker at the XXXVII Zograffsky’s Readings “Problems of Interpretation of Traditional Indian Text”. St.-Petersburg (paper: "The Problem of Qualia in the Light of Buddhist Philosophy") http://www.kunstkamera.ru/index/science/konferencii_i_seminary/2016/xxxvii_zografskie_.
- 2016, April 26 – Speaker at the 78th meeting of the Interdisciplinary theoretical and theoretical seminar "Philosophical and Methodological Problems of Artificial Intelligence", IPHRAS (paper: "How Does the Approach of Indian Philosophers to the Study of Consciousness Differ from the Western?") /uplfile/ai/sem/ai78.pdf.
- 2015, December 9–10 – Speaker at the International conference “Consciousness, Cognition and Culture: Implications for the 21st Century”, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India (paper: “The Problem of Qualia in the Perspective of the Buddhist Theory of Consciousness”) http://niasconsciousnesscentre.com/Conf-2015/a/CSP-CONF-FINAL-RPOGRAMME.pdf.
- 2015, December 3 – Speaker at the International Conference "Colloque international À l'épreuve de l'Europe", Bordeaux, France (paper: "La notion d'eurocentrisme en philosophie: les obstacles sur le chemin de son auto-compréhension" eurocentrism in philosophy: obstacles on the way to self-knowledge)).
- 2015, November 11 – Speaker at the Symposium "Aristotelian Heritage in Biology, Medicine and Ethics", Congress Center of the First Moscow State Medical University named after I.M. Sechenov, Moscow (paper: "Categories of Aristotle and Categories (padarthas) of the Indian Philosopher Prashastapada: Similarities and Differences "). See http://www.nsu.ru/classics/Aristotle-October-2015.pdf.
- 2015, October 29 – Speaker at the International Conference "Sanskrit and Indological Studies in India, Russia and Neighboring Countries", Moscow, RSUH (report: "Buddhist Atomism in Comparative Perspective"). See: http://istina.msu.ru/conferences/11498308/.
- 2015, September 22 – Speaker at the International Forum "Buddhism in the Dialogue of Cultures of East and West: Past, Present and Future". Elista, Kalmykia (paper: "The Place of Philosophy in Buddhism") http://www.orientalstudies.ru/eng/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4145&Itemid=48
- 2015, May 25 – Speaker at the XXXVI “Zograph Readings”, MAE RAS (Department of South and South-West Asia), SPb FIAS RAS and the Oriental Department of St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg (paper: "Atomic Approach in Buddhism") http://so-l.ru/news/show/xxxvi_zografskie_chteniya_25_27_maya_2015_g.
- 2015, May 19-20 – Speaker at the International Scientific Conference "‘Living body’ in the History of Philosophy ", Moscow, IPHRAS (paper:" What Makes the Body Alive? The Body and Animate Principle in Indian Thought ").
- 2015, April 10 – Public lecturer within the lecture series "Russian Indologists about India". Moscow, IPHRAS (lecture: "What is Indian Philosophy and What Are the Stereotypes of Its Perception in the West and in Russia?") /page19650598.htm.
- 2015, March 13 – Public lecturer at the Central University of Tibetan Studies (CUTS), Sarnath, India (lecture: "Buddhist Atomism").
- 2015, February 12 – Public lecturer at the Philosophical Faculty of Mysore University, Karnataka, India (lecture: "Eurocentric Stereotypes in Teaching Indian Philosophy in Russia"). http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/lecture-on-indian-philosophy-today/article6885355.ece.
- 2015, February 2 – Public lecturer at the Russian Cultural Center, Calcutta, India (lecture: "Russian Scholar Fedor Stcherbatsky and His Studies of Indian Philosophy") http://cs621923.vk.me/v621923704/13b8d/jnofQJonuRw.jpg 2 .02.2015.
- 2014, November 20 - Ninth lecture within the framework of the project "Anatomy of Philosophy: How the Text Works" (lecture: "Categories of Language and Categories of Thinking in the Indian Philosophical Text (Prashastapada’s ‘Collection of Characteristics of Categories’)").
- 2014, September 19 – Plenary Speaker at the International Colloquium «Buddhism and Linguistics», Hope University, Liverpool, Great Britain, (paper: “Buddhist Philosophy of Language: an Overview”).
- 2014, August 18–23 – Speaker at the International Conference of International Association of Buddhist Studies, IABS, Wien (paper: “What is a Whole according to Abhidharmic Philosophers: a Pure Accumulation of Atoms or Something Different from It ? Two Forms of Atomism in the Abhidharmakoshabhāshya of Vasubandhu”).
- 2014, May 28 – June 1 – Speaker and moderator of the Round table at the International Conference «Buddhism in a Changing World", Buryat Science Center of the SB RAS, Institute of Mongolian Studies, Buddhology and Tibetology SB RAS, Ulan-Ude, (paper: “Atomistic Approach in Buddhism”).
- 2014, April 3–4 – Plenary Speaker at the International Conference of Baltic Alliance for Asian Studies. Vilnius (paper: “On Eurocentrism as a Hindrance to Modern Western Philosophy: The Heuristic Interest in Studing Indian Philosophy”).
- 2014, February 21–22 – Speaker at the International Conference “Swami Vivekananda. Re-assessing the Man and His Contributions”, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia (paper: “Vivekananda’s Challenge to the World Congress of Religions: Universalism or / and Inclusivism?”)
- 2013, November 25 – Speaker at the International Conference “Le corps et l'esprit dans les philosophies de l'Inde”, Brussels (paper: “Le Bouddhisme ancien sépare-t-il le corps et l'esprit?”) http://www.academieroyale.be/cgi?lg=fr&pag=774&tab=87&rec=1628&frm=0.
- 2013, October 14 – Speaker at the International Conference "Russian Intellectuals on the Ligurian Coast of Italy", prepared by the Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Russian Liberal Heritage Foundation, the Russian House in Genoa with the support of the General Consulate of the Russian Federation in Genoa (paper: "Chekhov's Love to the Cemeteries: from Taganrog to Genoa ") http://www.rusliberal.ru/full/novostnoj_razdel_tcentralnij/russkie_intellektuali_na_ligurijskom_poberezhe_italii/).
- 2013, June 11 – Speaker at the round table "Atomism and the Alphabetical Principle", IPHRAS (paper: "Phonocentrism of Indian Tradition and Atomistic Approach").
- 2013, April 2 – Speaker at the interdisciplinary seminar "Atomism and World Culture". IPHRAS (report: "Genesis of Atomism as a Problem of the Connection between Language and Thinking").
- 2013, May 16–17 – Speaker at the XXXIII Zograffsky’s Readings “Problems of Interpretation of Traditional Indian Text”. Sanct-Peterburg, (paper: “Comparative or Intercultural Philosophy”).
- 2012, November 15–16 – Speaker at the conference «History of Philosophy: Challenges of the XXI Century" (paper: “Historical and Philosophical Study of the Foreign Cultural Traditions: Why Should We Go Out of Our Own Home?”)
- 2012, September 25 – 28 – Speaker at the VIII Congress of Russian Orientalists, Kazan, (paper: “Problems of Teaching Eastern Philosophy in High School: Eurocentrism and How to Overcome It”).
- 2012, September 18–22 – Speaker at the International Conference "World Central Asia", The Institute of Mongolian, Buddhist and Tibetan Studies, RAS , Ulan-Ude, (paper "The Role of Philosophy in Buddhism" and the presentation of the book "Philosophiya buddizma. Entsiklopediya." Moscow: Oriental Literature, 2011).
- 2012, September 3–6 – Speaker at the International Seminar on "Body and Mind in Philosophical Traditions of Asia", Center for Eastern Studies of Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania (paper: “Mind-body Problem in Indian Tradition: a Comparative Perspective”).
- 2012, May 21–26 – Speaker at the Third Moscow International Conference on Comparative Philosophy "Philosophy and Science in the Cultures of East and West", Institute of Philosophy, Moscow, (paper: “Buddhist Atomism, in the light of Modern Concepts of ‘Emergent Properties’ and ‘Qualia’ in Abhidharmakosha Bhashya of Vasubandhu”).
- 2012, May 16–18 – Speaker at the XXII Zograffsky’s Readings “Problems of interpretation of Traditional Indian Text. Sanct-Peterburg, (paper: “Direct Knowledge from Words in Vedanta Paribhasha of Dharmaraja”).
- 2012, April 12–16 – Speaker at the Conference of the Institute of Linguistics, Psychology Department of Moscow State University. Moscow State Conservatory. Moscow, "Living Word: LOGO - MOTION – VOICE- Gesture", (paper: “The Word in Sound and in Writing: Lessons of the Oral Indian Tradition”)."
- 2012, January 16–18 – Speaker at the International Seminar “Contribution of Sanskrit to the Development of World Thought” Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed to be University under MHRD, Govt. Of India) Rajiv Gandhi Campus, Sringeri, Karnataka, India (paper: “Problems of Translation of Sanskrit Philosophical Texts in Russian Thought (Theodor Stcherbatsky and his Followers)”).
- 2011, September 4–8 – Speaker at the International Conference “Buddhism in Kashmir”. Leh, India, (paper: “Is There a Mind-body Problem in Buddhism? – ‘No’ and ‘Yes’ in the East-West Perspectives”).
- 2011, June 20–25 – Speaker at the XVIth Congress of the International Association of Buddhist Studies, Dharma Drum Buddhist College, Jinshan, New Taipei City, Taiwan (paper: “Actuality and Potentiality in Dignaga’s Understanding of of Immediate Perception (Nirvikalpaka Pratyaksa) According to His Pramanasamuccaya and Alambanapariksha”).
- 2011, April 27–28 – Speaker at the International workshop "Open Pages in the Studies of South Asia", Moscow, Russian State University; (paper (co-authered with Kobzev A.) “Did There Exist the Chinese Atomism: the Vaiśeṣika Atomistic Text in Chinese Philosophical Tradition”).
- 2009, November 19–21 – Participant in the World Philosophy Day in St. Petersburg "Philosophy in the Dialogue of Cultures. A View from St. Petersburg" and a speech at the round table "Cultural Worlds and Cultural Strategies of Mankind", Faculty of Philosophy, St. Petersburg State University (report: “Buddhism as an Interactive Message: the Principle of Dropping Kausalya”).
- 2009, October 17 – Speaker at the World Philosophy Day, round table "Teaching Philosophy in a Multicultural World" (paper: "Teaching Indian Philosophy in Overcoming Eurocentrism").
- 2009, October 14–17 – Speaker at the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference with Elements of the School for Youth "Philosophy in the Dialogue of Cultures", Elista, Republic of Kalmykia (paper: "The Value of the Other in Buddhism: Problems of Ethics and Epistemology").
- 2009, May 29–28 – Speaker at 30th Zograph Readings (paper: "The Origin of Atomism: a Linguistic Hypothesis").
- 2009, January 15–17 – Participant of the International Conference "Buddhism and Science", Sarnath (India).
- 2008, October 9 – Speaker at the Academic Council of the IPHRAS (paper "As I Understand Indian Philosophy").
- 2008, September 11–12 – Participant of the Russian-Japanese symposium "Philosophy of Buddhism in a Multicultural Context". Moscow, IPHRAS (paper "Contribution of Buddhist Philosophy to the Development of Brahmanist Philosophical Systems (Based on the Example of Vaisheshika of Prashastapada)").
- 2008, May 23–26 – Speaker at the conference "Zograph Readings (Problems of Interpretation of the Traditional Sanskrit Text)." St. Petersburg, Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (paper: "How to Compare Indian and Western Epistemology, the Experience of Creating a Methodology for Comparative Research").
- 2008, March 17–21 – Speaker for the international Russian-Indian round table "Non-Violence in the Global Context", Delhi (paper "Non-violence and Ahimsa in the Ecological Perspective: Tradition and the Present").
- 2007, November 26 – Speaker at the “Roerich Readings” at the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow (paper: "Interpretation Problems of ‘Vimshatika-vrtti’ of Vasubandhu").
- 2007, November 13–14 – Plenary speaker at the conference "The First Oriental Readings in the Memory of OO Rozenberg", St. Petersburg, Russian Christian Humanitarian Academy (paper: "Shcherbatskoy and Rosenberg on the Comparative Method").
- 2007, May 23–26 – Speaker at the Conference “Zograph Readings (Problems of Interpretation of the Sanskrit Tradical Text),” St. Petersburg, Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (paper: "What is Immediate in Immediate Perception, Buddhist Response").
Interview with the scholar