Born on September 27th 1937, in Yaroslavl
Education 1961 – graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University, Philosophy Department
Degrees Ph.D. in Philosophy, thesis subject “Category of “relation” (1968, Iph RAS)
Dr.Sc. “Universal in reality and in cognition” (1990, Iph RAS)
Main Research Interests
theory of knowledge, methodology, philosophy of science
Leading Research Fellow of the Department of the Theory of Knowledge
Lecturer at Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (special course “Tragedy of Freedom”) and at State Academic University for Humanities (special courses “Dialogue Theory”).
Georgiy D. Levin has developed electronic lections on the subject “Philosophy” and the special course “Tragedy of Freedom”.
- RFH 1995-1998. № 95-06-17840а Analysis and Synthesis in the History of Science and in Contemporary Scientific Knowledge
- RFH 1999-2001 № 99-03-19633а Universalia Problem
- RFH 2001-2003 № 01-06-80205а. Dialogue Theory
- RFH 2004 04-03-16086d Universalia Problem. Modern View
- RFH 2003-2005 № 03-0300638а. Philosophical Categories
- RFH 2006-2008 № 06-03-00325а Truth and Rationality
Monographs (in Russian):
- The empism and theory. Moscow: Kanon +, 2016.
- Truth and Rationality. Moscow: Kanon-Plus, 2011.
- A tractate on freedom. Moscow: Kanon+, 2009. 192 p.
- Philosophical categories in modern discourse. Moscow: Logos, 2007. 204 p.
- The problem of universals. Modern view. Monograph. Canon + M. 2005.
Selected articles (in Russian):
- To the problem of criteria of technical progress // The first Stepin's readings. Modern stage of science development and crisis of technogenic civilization: materials of the conference with international participation (Moscow, 5-6 November 2019) / Ed. by V. G. Budanov, V. A. Lectorsky. Kursk: University book, 2019. Pp. 38-41.
- The problem of cognition of relations // Philosophy of creativity. Yearbook. Moscow: Iintell, 2018. Vol. 4. Faces of creativity in a variety of socio-cultural practices. Pp. 186-197 (was not included in the 2018 report).
- Information and communication // Polylogos. 2018. No. 2. DOI: 10.18254/S0000044-0-1.
- The problem of transforming empirical knowledge into theoretical knowledge // Problems of philosophy. 2018. No. 8. Pp. 86-95. DOI: 10.31857/S004287440000740-9.
- Principles of conservation and monism as a methodological basis of epistemology // Problems of philosophy. 2017. No. 12. Pp. 138-149.
- Materialism and objective idealism: a comparative analysis // Perspectives of realism in modern philosophy / edited by V.A. Lectorsky. Moscow, 2017. Pp. 188-228.
- Analysis and synthesis // Problems of philosophy. 2016. No. 2. Pp. 95-104.
- Realism on the relation of consciousness to being // Problems of philosophy. 2016. No. 8. Pp. 138-149*.
- Absolutism and relativism // Relativism as a disease of modern philosophy. Moscow, 2015. Pp. 76-103.
- Necessary and accidental in reality and cognition // Philosophy of science. Vol. 20. No. 1. Moscow, 2015. Pp. 82-106.
- What is the probability? // Problems of philosophy. 2014. No. 2. Pp. 97-106.
- The problem of the "third world" in modern epistemology // Epistemology and philosophy of science. 2014. T. XXIX. No. 1. Pp. 96-110.
- What is rationality? // Philosophy of thinking. Odessa: Print house, 2013. P. 341 – 368.
- The meaning of life as an interdisciplinary problem // Cognition and consciousness in an interdisciplinary perspective. Part 1. Moscow: IPhRAS, 2013. Pp. 28-44.
- Experience, fact and empirical knowledge // Problems of philosophy. 2012. No. 11. Pp. 75-84*.
- Three views on the nature of theoretical and empirical knowledge // Problems of philosophy. 2011. No. 2. Pp. 104-115.
- Freedom and responsibility // Freedom and creativity. Moscow, 2011. P. 75 – 92.
- Generalization and individualization in the Sciences of nature and culture // Epistemology of yesterday and today. Moscow, 2010. Pp. 51-68.
- Where is the subject of true knowledge // Epistemology and philosophy of science. 2008. No. 2 Pp. 84-87.
- Methodological principles of dialogue between materialists and believers // Problems of philosophy. 2008. No. 10. Pp. 78-90.
- On the principles of dialogue between materialists and believers // Problems of philosophy. 2007. No. 6.
- On three types of relativism // Problems of philosophy. 2007. No. 7.
- Identity and similarity // Problems of philosophy. 2005. No. 12.
- The theoretical principles of criticism // Philosophical Sciences. № 3. 2004.
- Can religious knowledge be equated with scientific hypotheses? // Problems of philosophy. No. 11. 2004.
- What is truth? // Subject, cognition, activity. To the 70th anniversary of V. A. Lektorsky. M. Kanon+, 2002.
- Is truth born in a dispute? // Problems of philosophy No. 11. 2002.
|Main Scientific Results
Georgiy D. Levin has developed an integral theory of objects, qualities and relations and of theory of universal; he has given modern interpretation of universalia problem; has developed philosophical theory of dialogue and has written several works on the theory of freedom.